The risks of suffering a severe injury are higher when one is involved in an accident with an eighteen-wheeler. With their loads included, the weight limit of these enormous trucks is forty tons. When that much weight comes bearing down on a much smaller vehicle, the results can be devastating. This is why it is imperative injured victims seek help from a truck accident lawyer in Philadelphia. Understanding the five benefits of hiring a lawyer can make a big difference in a person’s decision.
- One of the biggest reasons a person should hire a truck accident lawyer in Philadelphia is because proving liability in this type of accident is often more difficult. A victim can hold the driver, their employer, and sometimes the manufacturer of equipment responsible. A lawyer can help a victim determine which of these parties is responsible and needs to be held accountable for damages. In some trucking accidents, all three are to blame.
- During the discovery phase of the process, a lawyer has the right to request documentation on the truck driver, their employer, and the manufacturer. The documentation and information gleaned from this process can prove useful in helping a victim win their case, whether it forces the other side to agree to a settlement or a court date must be pursued.
- The negotiation process can be stressful in any accident case but can be even more so in a complex trucking accident. A victim who is attempting to negotiate on their own can quickly find themselves in over their heads.
- The trucking industry is held to certain standards of safety by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. A lawyer can help determine if laws were broken so this information can be used in the pursuit of compensation.
- A lawyer works with industry professionals to gain insight into the cause of an accident. Through the investigation process, evidence is gained that can be used to prove liability. The more evidence discovered, the better the chances of achieving a win.
If you have become the victim of a collision with an eighteen-wheeler, it is important you exercise your rights and hire a lawyer. For more information on how a lawyer can help you, visit Website Domain.
Watch our Video on YouTube.